
Me: Kate, do you want sprite or milk with your kids meal?
Kate: umm...sprite. Milk is not right for me to drink. Sorry.
Kate: (screaming at the dinner table)
Me: Katelyn, don't scream.
Kate: It's too late.
Me: Katelyn, it's time for bed. (carrying her upstairs to her room)
Kate: (both hands over mouth and in the most Scarlet-like voice she could muster) What Imma do?! What Imma do?!
Me: (trying desperately not to laugh out loud) You're going to go to bed.
Kate: oh mom, what imma do?!
(by the way, my dad has nicknamed Katelyn "DQ" for drama queen. I don't know why...)
Kate was watching a show and they were talking about the tooth fairy. She started dancing around the house proclaiming that she is the Toothpick Fairy!
We've been teaching Kate about the relationships in the family. For example, "Erin is your aunt, and Erin is mom's sister." One day she was telling us all about who her cousins are, that's she's me and Steve's child, and then she says, "And Daddy, Mommy's your life." (instead of wife) How cute is that. And so, so true.



4 comments:
What a sweetie! And I can't believe how long her hair has gotten.
Oh my gosh that is so hilarious! My favorite is definitely the Scarlet impression! Love that chic.
How funny!!! And I can't believe how much she looks like you in that car seat picture - adorable!
I'm telling you she's more like 3 or 4!
Post a Comment