CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Poor Baby


I've been sharing with you all the crap that's gone on since Brookie's been born. This is just another to add to the list. Sometimes Brooklyn spazzes out when she's eating: latching off and on, grunting, kicking her legs; it's like she's frustrated or something. Two mornings ago it was really bad and she was crying like eating was hurting her. First thing that popped into my mind: thrush. I looked in her mouth and sure enough, white spots on her inner cheeks. By the way, she still has her painful skin rash. Crap and corruption! My sweet older sister hurried over to look at her mouth for me and we decided I should definitely take her to the doctor. I'm starting to feel like I should just sleep there and save myself the trips back and forth. Sure enough, my poor 6 week old has thrush. In her mouth and on her butt. And I have it from nursing. The catch 22 of it all: it came from me being on antibiotics for the mastitis! What the crap! I feel so bad for my poor little baby. All I can do is keep promising her that it's not always like this (even though her whole life has been so far) and hold her as much as I can. I'm so discouraged! In the meantime, the house is falling apart and I'm not able to spend as much time with my two year old as she needs. Thank goodness I have such an amazing older sister and husband. Erin had me over to her house yesterday so I could take a nap with Kate, and Steve took care of Kate after he got off work so I could sleep in this morning. Thank you so much! Now everyone just hold your breath and pray that Brooklyn doesn't get anything else!

2 comments:

Bethany

Awww, hang in there, Katie! Things are gonna get easier!

Natalie

Jeez, you guys really need to catch a break don't you? I'm sorry - I hope things get better for you soon.
And I'm sure I'll be joining you in the land of the overwhelmed very soon! ;-)

Post a Comment