
To all of you who bring your sick kids out and about, especially to special occasions and family gatherings: STOP THE FREAKING MADNESS! I promise that it will not hurt you to stay home with your sick kid and miss out on whatever it is the rest of us are doing! It does hurt my kids to get sick because you were too selfish and thoughtless to keep your germs at home. It does hurt when my husband gets sick and has to choose between working sick out in freezing temperatures, or cutting a chunk out of our only source of income to stay home and get better! Do I seriously have to start calling everyone before get togethers to ask, "Does anyone have a fever? Has anyone thrown up? Do you suspect that anyone in your family is getting sick? Has anyone been exposed to lice?" Now, I am a reasonable person. If your kid has no symptoms the night of a family gathering and then wakes up the next day puking their guts out, there's nothing you can do about that. You can't prevent ever taking germs around anyone if you don't know they're getting sick. However, if your kid has a fever, a runny nose (with the exception of allergies and teething), or a horrible hacking cough, KEEP THEM HOME! WE DON'T WANT THEIR GERMS, I DON'T WANT MY KIDS, MY HUSBAND, OR MYSELF TO GET SICK!!! For those of you who make the sacrifice and are considerate of others by keeping the nastiness to yourself: Thank you! I will continue to do the same, even if others choose not to offer the same respect.



2 comments:
That's the best picture ever!! As you know, I am on the fence about this subject... Oh, wait I mean I am incredibly passionate about it, I forgot. Especially since, wonder of wonders, my child went to a family party where there was an obviously sick child, and now a couple of days later has the same symptoms! Also, I myself having more than one auto-immune disorder, I catch things easier and get them twice as bad and twice as long as other people, I would really appreciate not having people knowingly bring their sick kids around me. I know, it's a difficult concept for some people to wrap their minds around...
Amen Sister!!! I mean, Daughter!!!
Post a Comment