CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Katelyn's 1st Haircut!!!

Katelyn had her first haircut yesterday at a salon in Layton. Jordan's beautiful friend Melissa did it for me...she does such a good job and is so sweet. And Katelyn loves her! I spent the day before the hair cut building it up...how cool the salon is, how fancy she would be in her own princess hair cutting chair and cape. By the time we got there, she was rearin' to go!

A couple before pictures:

When Katelyn first started getting hair, it kind of grew in the back/bottom first and the top eventually caught on. It was kind of mullet-ish when she was little, but as it grew out, it just looked layered!


As soon as Melissa started cutting, Katelyn got very still and serious. She wasn't upset, just concentrating REALLY hard.


I caught her yawning half way through


What a sweet face. Melissa washed Katelyn's hair after it was cut, which I was nervous for cause lately she freaks out when I wash her hair in the tub. She was perfectly fine for Melissa though. huh.


Another really intense concentration face.


Brookie was very good for the whole thing.


The finished product! Melissa asked Katelyn if she wanted her hair straight or curly. Of course she chose curly. This is Katelyn we're talking about. She spent the rest of the day telling everyone that would listen about her hair cut at the salon by Uncle Jo's friend Melissa.



Katelyn is such a beautiful girl and so much fun! I can't wait to do more fun girly things with her and Brookie as they get older.

6 comments:

Paul and Katie

SOO CUTE!!!!!!

Bethany

She's a knock-out! Be careful... :)

Erin

She certainly was proud that Melissa did her hair!! Although I hope you checked her pants after you left the salon, because some of those faces definitely don't look like "concentrating on getting my hair done faces". ;)

Barb

She is so cute!! I love that you waited to cut her hair - I haven't cut Sadie's yet either. It was mullety for awhile, but you're right, now it just looks like layers.

Natalie

She looks so adorable and so totally proud of herself - awesome!

Anonymous

Finally got time to read your blog - it's been 2 weeks!

I have the absolutely most beautiful granddaughters in the world!

Post a Comment