CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Miscellaneous Mayhem

It has been way too long since I've put a new post on here, as my husband has so sweetly pointed out on several occasions. Besides, our daughter is way too cute and hilarious to not share. Every morning and after every nap, either Steve or I will ask Katelyn if she had sweet dreams, which she always says yes to. Then we ask her what she dreamt about. Her usual answer for the last couple months has been, "bufferflies and fowfers" (butterflies and flowers). After a while, she added kitty cats into the mix. So sweet. What a little angelic princess we have. Then out of the blue a couple weeks ago, after one of her naps when I asked her what she dreamt about, my sweet little innocent two year old replied, "bufferflies and skeletons." WHAT?! Skeletons? How did something creepy and nasty like skeletons sneak their way into my little girls dreams? I don't know the answer, but they've been there ever since. She's never scared or disturbed by skeletons, so I'm assuming they must be pretty and nice...it makes me feel better, anyways.

We are still waiting for our little Brooklyn to decide to join us, but it can't be too much longer...I only have two weeks left! Which, to everyone else, sounds like a jiff and no time at all. But, in pregnancy terms, just means that you are sore and tired and can't sleep and are super duper sick of carrying another person inside your own. Plus, this child is particularly violent for a fetus. I call her my velociraptor. She's always checking the perimeter for weaknesses. I seriously can't wait for her to join our family, though. I've been spending every free second I have and then some on all sorts of projects in preparation for her arrival. Cleaning the house, taking down Christmas, arts and crafts with her name on it, washing baby clothes, boiling binkies, etc. She's so much work, and not even here yet. But in my experience with Katelyn, every hardship, long night, lost sleep, and frustrating day are more than paid back in beautiful butterfly kisses, cuddles, and comments like, "mom, you're the best mom in the world" and "mom, I love you too much." It even seems to make all these new stretch marks worth it. How blessed I am to have these two little girls sent to me. How lost I have been without them in my life. How can I ever repay Heavenly Father for such beautiful gifts? The only answer I've come up with is to try my hardest to not royally screw this up...to be the best mom I can be each and every day. If I ever do anything right in my entire life, being a good mom and doing right by my girls has to be it.

In my struggle to understand how in the world I'm going to be forgiven for all the rotten things I've done in my life, nothing has made me understand forgiveness more than having a child. Nothing she could ever ever do would ever make me not love her and want her near me. I guess that must be how Heavenly Father feels about us. I just hope that someday I can do as much for my girls as they have all ready done for me. What's funny is that they are teaching me the lessons that I will someday end up trying to teach them. What a beautiful way to get us all to where we need to be.

2 comments:

Bethany

Beautifully put, Katie!

Erin

You're really, really worried about those stretch marks, aren't you? ;) And as for the last paragraph, I had never even thought of it that way. You are so awesome!

Post a Comment