CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Look, Ma! It's Mastitis!


Saturday started out so well. Steve and I took the girls on an adventure day. We had so much fun! We headed home around 5, and that's when I noticed my back was really hurting, but I chalkedit up to being on my feet and toting around a 2 year old and a stroller. By six o'clock, things had gotten ugly and I started to think I was getting sick. When Katelyn was still brand new, I got a really bad flu. Unbelievable body aches - my skin hurt, chills so bad I could barely hold on to my baby, followed by intense hot flashes. Besides almost dying of pneumonia, that's the sickest I've ever been.

So, when I started with the same symptoms, I was freaking out! Not only was I worried about how in the world I would take care of a newborn and a two yearold if I was that sick again, but the last thing I wanted was my newborn, who was just in the emergency room last week, getting the worst flu ever. Then my mom mentioned that it could be mastitis...please let it be mastitis! Even though it would still suck, I can't give that to anyone else! So we went to the urgent care clinic and sure enough, it's boob infection. Yay! I've never been so happy to feel so crappy! So, even though I've spent the last couple days in agonizing pain and freezing cold with a sore boob, I'm so glad it's not the flu!

5 comments:

Natalie

Oh no!!!! That is one of my worst nightmares - I have heard awful, horrible things about mastitis.
I hope you are feeling better soon - and I'm glad nobody else has to worry about catching it. ;)

Bethany

Yikes! Nothing like a boob infection to make your day! Hope you feel better soon!

Barb

Yikes. So not fun. Hope it gets better soon! What we go through for these little babes...

Erin

I'm so sorry hon! I guess it could be worse... hold on, I'm thinking... I'll get back to you when I come up with something...

twilightmom31

So sorry Kate! I'd be there to help with the little ones if we weren't all taking turns with being sick over here. Love you!

Post a Comment