Steve and I have a new calling that requires us to be at the church every Saturday morning every three months. Our very first time doing this, Katelyn fell off the stage in the cultural hall, catching the edge of the stage under her chin on the way down. She came running to me, bleeding from her teeth. Her chin, throat, and bottom half of her face swelled up like that one kind of frog. It didn't even look like her. Of course, this happened the day before Steve blessed them. She's fine, but my heart broke every time I looked at her, she didn't even look like herself. She may or may not lose a couple of her teeth, and she's had a nasty bruise for a while. The worst part about the whole thing is how heart-breakingly sweet she was about it. Right after it happened, she cried to me "Mommy, make it stop hurting". That is the saddest thing I have ever heard in my life! Then she told Steve, "Daddy, I'm sorry I fell of the stage." She is the sweetest girl ever.
Monday, July 19, 2010
I Promise I Don't Beat My Child
Steve and I have a new calling that requires us to be at the church every Saturday morning every three months. Our very first time doing this, Katelyn fell off the stage in the cultural hall, catching the edge of the stage under her chin on the way down. She came running to me, bleeding from her teeth. Her chin, throat, and bottom half of her face swelled up like that one kind of frog. It didn't even look like her. Of course, this happened the day before Steve blessed them. She's fine, but my heart broke every time I looked at her, she didn't even look like herself. She may or may not lose a couple of her teeth, and she's had a nasty bruise for a while. The worst part about the whole thing is how heart-breakingly sweet she was about it. Right after it happened, she cried to me "Mommy, make it stop hurting". That is the saddest thing I have ever heard in my life! Then she told Steve, "Daddy, I'm sorry I fell of the stage." She is the sweetest girl ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment