
I had an adventure in gardening last night. I put the baby to sleep but Katelyn wouldn't go to sleep. So, I took her upstairs to hang out with grandma Marcia while I ran outside to use the last bit of daylight to pull weeds in my garden. The first little while went well, but then it started getting a little darker...I was having a hard time seeing what I was grabbing at...I even accidentally pulled a couple squash flowers. I'm so mad! However, there was enough light to see a monsterous black spider scurry toward my hand. I jumped up, flailing my arms, freaking out. I landed right on top of one of my gardening tools. It threw me off balance and I fell face first in to a tomato plant. (gives a whole new meaning to face plant). My face is fine, but I have a hole in my hand from the bamboo cage. That stupid spider probably got on me anyways and was laughing with all of his bug buddies about the stupid spaz girl. I'm sure I'm the laughing stock of the whole garden and I can never show my face there again.



4 comments:
Sounds like you're just trying to get out of weeding! Can't say as I blame you. I hate it and haven't done it all year. We have a jungle going on over here.
Yeah, I bet your right, I bet that spider was actually on his way out, not in to see you. He had probably been climbing all over you the whole time you were out there weeding. I hope it didn't lay any eggs in your hair...
Eh, don't let that nasty spider win - I say, get right back out there and start weeding again! ;-)
Sounds like a good enough excuse not to weed to me! =)
Post a Comment