CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Long Time Coming





Steve and I have been down a road that has led us to some incredibly dark places. We have been through pretty much everything together. Financial hardship, alcoholism, drug addiction, separation, loss of family and friends. It wasn't all bad, but a lot of it was very, very bad. I don't know how we made it out of the depths of hell- together, no less. I think that most couples would have fallen apart faced with the challenges we've been through. There were times in the last decade that I thought I would never see happiness. I spent a long time feeling truly and alone and walked through life numbing myself with whatever worthless thing that came along. Now, after years of being surrounded by darkness and evil, we live in a world full of beauty, laughter, light, and hope. Our family has so much love for each other. Each day, Steve and I marvel at how far we've come and what a change we see in ourselves and each other. What a blessing it is that our lives now revolve around diapers, bottles, and bedtimes. This is the most stressed out we have ever, ever been. Our lives are so crazy busy. Steve works the graveyard shift. Not easy on any of us. He also is a full time student. I am a full time mother of two beautiful, wonderful, high maintenance girls. We have church callings and family obligations. This is also the happiest we have ever been. We laugh every day. We smile until our faces hurt. We are exhausted. And so very happy. I am so proud of Steve for everything he's taking on. Yesterday, Steve blessed Katelyn and Brooklyn. What an amazing day it was. Steve's blessing were perfect and so sweet. The only thing that could have made it better is if my grandma Kay and my little brother, and Paul and Katie and Lilly could have been there. Soon, we will be going through the temple and opening a new, beautiful chapter of our lives. Once I was lost, but now I am found. No longer does Satan have me bound! He should know his sad plight- I am now a soldier, ready to fight.

5 comments:

Bethany

This is all so fantastic! I can see the happiness in your faces. I am really happy for you!

And you have beautiful daughters. :)

Natalie

You guys have worked so hard to get to this point and I'm so happy for your family!
You are all just glowing in that picture - wish we could have been there. :)

Erin

You made me cry! That was an awesome day and there are many more ahead. I love you hon!

Tiffany

It was a beautiful day. We're so very proud of you guys. So glad that you are finally finding true happiness. There's nothing better! Keep it up. Love ya.

Barb

Wow. I just cried through that. Katie - I am so sincerely happy for you!! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You are amazing and I can't wait for you to go to the temple so you can be an eternal family!! I love you!

Post a Comment