
Steve and I got to go to the Jordan River Temple and attend a session...in German! read on for more on that...
These adorable old people are the Meisers. We went with them to the Jordan River Temple.
Steve and I got to attend the last session of Conference at the Conference Center. Sitting just around us were people from the Netherlands, Mexico, New Zealand, Korea, Hong Kong, and Switzerland.
Steve's brother Jeff served his mission in Germany. His mission president was the cute little old man in the picture above, and his wife. They have remained very close. The Meisers are very good friends with the Uchtdorfs, and they had the Meisers come out for conference this year. Steve got to chauffer them around, and we got to go to the Jordan River Temple with them. I guess they do a German session every year around conference time. Steve and I wore the head sets and it was so cool cause there were tons of cute little old Germans there...and anyone who knows me knows I have a soft spot for old people. The Meisers were like celestial celebrities there...people they knew from Germany and hadn't seen in years were at the session. He used to be the Friedberg Temple president, and he has also been a bishop in Germany. It was like an adorable old people German reunion. I smiled so much, my face hurt. I felt like an idiot. I couldn't understand a word they were saying cause they were all speaking in German, but all I knew is that they were all so happy that it made me happy too. Sister Meiser leaned over to tell me, "You should not think that everyone in Germany is old! We are all old, but not all Germans are old! We have young people, too!" They were both so hilarious and so very, very dear. I enjoyed my time with them so much and I'm so sad they can't stay here always and be my adopted grandparents! President Meiser walks up to random strangers and says, "Now is the time, this is the place, and you are the one!". He walks around being guided by the spirit to talk to people and you can't help but love him. I also quickly loved Sister Meiser. She has such a strong spirit and is so beautiful. I am so grateful for the opportunity Steve and I had to be around such wonderful, spiritual people. Heavenly Father has been pouring blessings down on us and we are so humbled and amazed at all the love He gives us every day. What a blessing the gospel is in our lives. I am so thankful for my Savior and the sacrifice He made for me. I have been to hell and back and done so many horrible things. I know that He is the only way I can make it back to my Father in Heaven because I am so very, very far from being perfect.
What an amazing love that must be,
to give up everything to save only me
I know that He did it for every soul
but then again, I've also been told
that had I been the only one to save
He still would have gone to his earthly grave
gone through all the torture and pain
Just so I could be with Him again
I Stand All Amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me
I tremble to know that for me, He was crucified
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That he should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderful
Wonderful to me



1 comments:
What a neat experience!! They sound like great people!
Post a Comment