CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sisters



Steve and I have the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting in November. The bishop asked us to speak on gratitude, so that has been on my mind a lot lately. The next few posts will be about some of the things in life that I am most grateful for.

My sisters and I didn't like each other much growing up. Rather, I liked Erin and wanted to be just like her, but I was the annoying little sister. I imagine it was about the same for Becky. We've grown up and worked out most of the kinks, and thank goodness, because these amazing women are my sanity. I have the best sisters in the world. They are always there for me. Always. Both of them have, on several occasions, dropped what they were doing to help me in one way or another. They are both beautiful, loyal, and life savers. I am so glad that they have stuck by me through so much and forgiven me for things of the past. I always have so much fun whenever I'm with them. We are all so different, and have so much to learn from each other.

Erin is an amazing wife and mother. She is a very hard worker and gets so much done, it's astonishing. She is creative and is always working to improve herself. She is always helping me see things in a new way, and is so uplifting. I laugh so hard when I'm with her. The mundane, every day things cease to become a chore when I'm with her. Erin, thank you so much for being such a good friend and sister. You are such a beautiful daughter of God and such a good example for me. What would I do without you? You have forgiven much, and are one of the biggest blessings in my life. Thank you for all that you do and for the beautiful person you are. I love you, sis!

Becky and I have traveled a completely different road. We have been through some really hard times and spent years not knowing who the other person was. Through patience, forgiveness, and a strong desire to know each other better, we have become so close. Becky is the least judgmental person I know. She is so kind and understanding, and would do anything for those she loves. What a beautiful spirit she is. Spending time with Becky is refreshing and calming. She is such a sweet mother and has an amazing amount of patience. I am so grateful for Becky's forgiveness. The best word to describe Becky is sweet. Something that amazes and baffles me about her is that she has no idea how beautiful she is. She is so humble. Becky, I'm so glad we've become friends. Thank you for all you do, I love you!

I know my mom is in this picture too, but I'm going to write about my parents on a different post. (love you!)

4 comments:

Natalie

What a beautiful post! Sisters are definitely a huge blessing. I miss all three of you guys (and my own sisters too!)

Bethany

What would the world be like without sisters? I'm grateful for mine, too. You have awesome ones, Katie. :) We need to do another girls night soon.

Erin

I have often thought how sad it would be to be a woman without sisters. I'm glad your girls have each other, and that we have each other too! It's such a comfort in so many ways... Also, stop making me cry!

twilightmom31

Kate, you're such a sweetheart. I'm glad you're thankful for us because I am definitely thankful for the two of you. It would, indeed, be a sad world without the possibility of such strong sister friendships. I love you!

Post a Comment