I never knew what an adventure motherhood would be. And I'm sure, I don't even know the half of it yet. But, I do know some of it. One of my favorite things to say lately is a quote from the movie "Baby Mama"...is it poop or chocolate? I get to say this quite often because, quite frankly, my life is full of poop. For example, Saturday I had a lot to do to get ready for our families coming over for a barbecue after Steve's ordination. Knowing that I had a lot to do, Brooke sat around half the day, thinking of ways to complicate my life. She must have been working on her surprise all day. I was sitting on the bed watching Snow White with Katelyn, feeding the baby. I felt Brooke's stomach rumble. I moved her so I could burp her. I realized it stank. I looked down, and both of us were covered in poop. I didn't hear or feel her poop, but it was very, very there. I screamed and ran out of the bedroom, holding Brooke by her hair fuzz and fingers, and hoped against hope that I wasn't leaving a trail behind me. I was freaking out! I so did not need to clean up yet another poop mess right in the middle of trying to get so much done! This is where blogging came in. I realized that, instead of freaking out, I needed to take a deep breath, and start snapping pictures. I realized that this is something that, in a matter of minutes or days, I would be laughing about. (and also something I couldn't wait to share with all of you. You're welcome) Brooke's outfit is ruined, but I gained a new perspective on dealing with the little things. If I find myself in a situation where I feel like I may have to kill someone or myself, I need to take a breath and ask myself if I will be blogging and laughing about this later. Chances are, most situations will fall in this category, and simply don't need to be stressed about.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Blogging Saves Lives- and a Graphic Poop Warning
I never knew what an adventure motherhood would be. And I'm sure, I don't even know the half of it yet. But, I do know some of it. One of my favorite things to say lately is a quote from the movie "Baby Mama"...is it poop or chocolate? I get to say this quite often because, quite frankly, my life is full of poop. For example, Saturday I had a lot to do to get ready for our families coming over for a barbecue after Steve's ordination. Knowing that I had a lot to do, Brooke sat around half the day, thinking of ways to complicate my life. She must have been working on her surprise all day. I was sitting on the bed watching Snow White with Katelyn, feeding the baby. I felt Brooke's stomach rumble. I moved her so I could burp her. I realized it stank. I looked down, and both of us were covered in poop. I didn't hear or feel her poop, but it was very, very there. I screamed and ran out of the bedroom, holding Brooke by her hair fuzz and fingers, and hoped against hope that I wasn't leaving a trail behind me. I was freaking out! I so did not need to clean up yet another poop mess right in the middle of trying to get so much done! This is where blogging came in. I realized that, instead of freaking out, I needed to take a deep breath, and start snapping pictures. I realized that this is something that, in a matter of minutes or days, I would be laughing about. (and also something I couldn't wait to share with all of you. You're welcome) Brooke's outfit is ruined, but I gained a new perspective on dealing with the little things. If I find myself in a situation where I feel like I may have to kill someone or myself, I need to take a breath and ask myself if I will be blogging and laughing about this later. Chances are, most situations will fall in this category, and simply don't need to be stressed about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Drew spent an entire year of his life falling into that category. Instead of killing him, I wrote about him/posted pictures on facebook. Sorry for her outfit though!
'Adventure' doesn't even begin to cover it!
Post a Comment