This is not an over share. This is a plead for others to admit that they are just as bad as me. I'm sitting on my couch right now. I finally got my baby to take a nap, Kate is in her room watching a show, and Steve is sleeping. I'm looking at my house: a basket full of socks needing to be folded, dusting that needs to be done, dishes in the sink, miscellaneous clutter and a million other things that I SHOULD be doing. I don't want to. I know that as a woman and a wife and a mother, not wanting to do something normally doesn't change anything. You still have to do it, so you do it. But sometimes, just sometimes, is it okay that I am sitting here eating beef jerky and drinking Pepsi, playing dorky word games on pogo and watching "Say Yes to the Dress", instead of attending to all the millions of things that I SHOULD be doing? Please tell me that I am not the only one that, every once in a while, turns my nose up at all the mom-jobs screaming in my face, open a new Pepsi, have something totally unhealthy for lunch,(chips & salsa and milano cookies, anyone?) and actually do something I WANT to do!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
I am so very naughty
This is not an over share. This is a plead for others to admit that they are just as bad as me. I'm sitting on my couch right now. I finally got my baby to take a nap, Kate is in her room watching a show, and Steve is sleeping. I'm looking at my house: a basket full of socks needing to be folded, dusting that needs to be done, dishes in the sink, miscellaneous clutter and a million other things that I SHOULD be doing. I don't want to. I know that as a woman and a wife and a mother, not wanting to do something normally doesn't change anything. You still have to do it, so you do it. But sometimes, just sometimes, is it okay that I am sitting here eating beef jerky and drinking Pepsi, playing dorky word games on pogo and watching "Say Yes to the Dress", instead of attending to all the millions of things that I SHOULD be doing? Please tell me that I am not the only one that, every once in a while, turns my nose up at all the mom-jobs screaming in my face, open a new Pepsi, have something totally unhealthy for lunch,(chips & salsa and milano cookies, anyone?) and actually do something I WANT to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm worse than you - I do that every day.
Do something you what now?
Those lazy days are the ones that keep me going through the responsible days. I delight in ignoring my to-do list when S is down for a nap, find something stupid to watch on TV, and just vegge...oh, how I love those days!
Sometimes I don't feel bad doing that because I still have to do all of it later. Might as well enjoy a moment with some Mountain Dew and potato chips (yesterday's lunch)!
Go for it. I'm just glad you updated. I've been checking in on you guys!
Why do you think my house and my body always looks like crap? It isn't from taking care of responsibilities on a daily basis. lol
Post a Comment