Madness has ensued in my life, and my blog has been very neglected because of it. Steve and I have so much going on right now, a lot of the time we forget to eat. Steve is going to school full time and works full time on the grave yard shift, which means that when us girls are getting up and our day is beginning, Steve's day is ending and he's getting into the bed that is still warm from when I was there. During the day, I take care of the girls, do housework, attend to the garden, take care of the "business end" of being a housewife, (paying bills, making phone calls, doing people's jobs for them that I'm still waiting to be paid for, i.e. DWS, BCBS, workers compensation, etc.) and other day to day mom stuff. Steve wakes up in the late afternoon to early evening. We have dinner as a family and Steve and I read scriptures or have a conversation (if we can yell loud enough over our screaming baby) if we have time in between doing for the kids and doing school and dishes and all that jazz. I get Kate to bed and Steve leaves for work around 10pm, at which point I try to get Brooklyn to bed, which usually happens between 11 and midnight. After that, I try to hurry and make my house look like it hasn't been ransacked by wild beasts. We just got a new calling at church, I'm a visiting teacher for the first time ever, I have a garden for the first time ever, and two high maintenance kids. This last week, Brooklyn got an ear infection. You have to understand, she is a difficult baby. Very sweet, and very difficult. So her having an ear infection on top of that is pretty crazy. So, I had her in to Wee Care on Wednesday night and Kate in on Thursday night with a fever of 103.5. Both girls are on antibiotics. Brooke is also teething. I am barely surviving life right now, and I know for a fact I would not have my head above water were it not for my two awesome sisters who are always no matter what there for me at the drop of a hat. (Just to illustrate what a sacrifice this blog is...when I just told Kate I can't play with her right now, she told me I'm not her best friend forever) But, I digress...if it were not for my sisters, I would lose my sanity. Anyway, you get the picture of the insanity, right? So, now on to the good news...I'm getting married! I know, you're confused. Steve and I get to be sealed to each other and our beautiful girls this year. Steve will be ordained an elder shortly, then we are going to bless the girls and then go to the temple! (hopefully not all in the same day). I am so excited that our lives are finally getting to where they are supposed to be. Heavenly Father has shown us such love and we have so many blessings because of the way we are living. It feels so good to have things in perspective and to know that we are doing things that will make us happy forever. Thank you to all of you who never gave up on me and kept me in your prayers all those years I was so lost. Now, a barrage of random pictures that have been waiting to be blogged!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Did you miss me?
Madness has ensued in my life, and my blog has been very neglected because of it. Steve and I have so much going on right now, a lot of the time we forget to eat. Steve is going to school full time and works full time on the grave yard shift, which means that when us girls are getting up and our day is beginning, Steve's day is ending and he's getting into the bed that is still warm from when I was there. During the day, I take care of the girls, do housework, attend to the garden, take care of the "business end" of being a housewife, (paying bills, making phone calls, doing people's jobs for them that I'm still waiting to be paid for, i.e. DWS, BCBS, workers compensation, etc.) and other day to day mom stuff. Steve wakes up in the late afternoon to early evening. We have dinner as a family and Steve and I read scriptures or have a conversation (if we can yell loud enough over our screaming baby) if we have time in between doing for the kids and doing school and dishes and all that jazz. I get Kate to bed and Steve leaves for work around 10pm, at which point I try to get Brooklyn to bed, which usually happens between 11 and midnight. After that, I try to hurry and make my house look like it hasn't been ransacked by wild beasts. We just got a new calling at church, I'm a visiting teacher for the first time ever, I have a garden for the first time ever, and two high maintenance kids. This last week, Brooklyn got an ear infection. You have to understand, she is a difficult baby. Very sweet, and very difficult. So her having an ear infection on top of that is pretty crazy. So, I had her in to Wee Care on Wednesday night and Kate in on Thursday night with a fever of 103.5. Both girls are on antibiotics. Brooke is also teething. I am barely surviving life right now, and I know for a fact I would not have my head above water were it not for my two awesome sisters who are always no matter what there for me at the drop of a hat. (Just to illustrate what a sacrifice this blog is...when I just told Kate I can't play with her right now, she told me I'm not her best friend forever) But, I digress...if it were not for my sisters, I would lose my sanity. Anyway, you get the picture of the insanity, right? So, now on to the good news...I'm getting married! I know, you're confused. Steve and I get to be sealed to each other and our beautiful girls this year. Steve will be ordained an elder shortly, then we are going to bless the girls and then go to the temple! (hopefully not all in the same day). I am so excited that our lives are finally getting to where they are supposed to be. Heavenly Father has shown us such love and we have so many blessings because of the way we are living. It feels so good to have things in perspective and to know that we are doing things that will make us happy forever. Thank you to all of you who never gave up on me and kept me in your prayers all those years I was so lost. Now, a barrage of random pictures that have been waiting to be blogged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I see no random pictures! And yes, your life with those kiddos is pretty crazy. I'm glad they're feeling better!
Those are great pics! And I am just so happy for you. For all of it!
I'm tarded. The pictures went first.
YAY!! I am so excited for you guys! Getting sealed was the most amazing and wonderful experience ever. I suggest that you go through the temple at least a day or so before. The ladies at the San Diego Temple suggested it to me and it worked out great. It made it more real and special. It was like ok this is my day and then when we got sealed it was OUR day. It worked out great!
I'm so glad you got a second to post something new! I'm way proud of you Kate. You're my favorite Katie there ever was!
Post a Comment