CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Speak of el diablo

Maybe some of you think I went a little over the top with my last blog. To further my point, and maybe convince you a little more that I am right (he he) I am going to share a story with you that happened yesterday...the day after I posted my rant. Yesterday, I took Brooklyn with me to Becky's birthday lunch, and left Katelyn with Steve. On his way down to Layton to drop Katelyn off to me, Steve and Kate had a close call that never should have happened. Driving on Riverdale Road, Steve was in the right lane, preparing to get on the freeway. In front of him was an old lady in a Cadillac. Over in the left lane, a big truck hauling a long trailer full of construction equipment...long bars of metal, etc. Out of nowhere, the truck decided it too was going to get on the freeway and suddenly veered to the right, almost hitting the car carrying my husband and first born. Even worse, this truck and trailer ran the poor old lady in front of Steve right off the road...and into the guard rail. Yes, INTO THE GUARD RAIL. Steve called 911 and followed the truck (they didn't bother to stop at the accident they had just caused) so he could tell the police where they were and a description of the vehicle. When the 911 operator asked for a license plate number, Steve realized there wasn't one on the back of the trailer, so he got in the lane next to it to drive forward a little to get it off the truck. There wasn't one on the truck, either. How convenient. And suspicious. And illegal. When Steve looked up at the cab of the truck, he realized that it was filled with Mexicans. About seven, Mexicans actually. Seven Mexicans who must have known that my husband was reporting what had just happened because they were obviously upset at him. Yelling, glaring, etc. One of them even lifted his shirt up so Steve could see the Mexican flag that was printed on it, then flipped him off. Steve had our daughter in the car, so he left the rest up to the police, and told the 911 operator where he could be found (he pulled over at a Wendy's) so they could get a statement from him. A policeman was there promptly, talked to Steve about what happened, and then got called by another officer to the location where they had pulled over the truck full of patriotic Mexicans. Steve called the police station later and spoke to an officer who told him that the police were still talking to them, but did reveal that half of the men had no identification on them at all, and the other half had sketchy-looking Idaho IDs. None of them spoke a lick of English, except for the driver who spoke very little. Hmm. So you are telling me that these freaking people who, chances are, don't even have a right to be in this country, almost ran my family off the road and DID run an old lady into a guard rail! I don't need to go off again, I just thought I'd share this story with all of you to prove my point a little further, just in case you weren't full convinced. I hope that whole thing didn't happen in vain, and that they got deported.

2 comments:

Bethany

I'm very glad your family wasn't hurt!

Barb

I have almost been killed by so many illegals on the road!! It drives me crazy. If they want to come to this country - fine...but they better be willing to learn the language, follow the rules to become citizens, take a driving test, pay taxes, and for the love, do all other things 'legal'. I loved your rant. I thought you were spot on.

Post a Comment